CZY ZAUWAZYLISCIE?

Data: 2009-06-17 11:51:51
Autor: Me
CZY ZAUWAZYLISCIE?
PROSZE PORZEKAZAC JAK NAJSZYBCIEJ DLA ZAANGAZOWANYCH I PREZYDENTA
- 9 CZERWCA POSTAWIONO WARUNKI Z POLSKI , A OBAMA NAGLE MA NOWE
OKIENKO.

ONI WCIAZ FANTAZJUJA - KOMPLETNY NARCISM

From The Times

May 29, 2009

The man who could change the world

America has been slow to respond to climate change, but its new
Secretary of Energy, Nobel prizewinner Steven Chu, is determined to
make up for lost time. He calls on fellow scientists to step up to the
plate
This week, the St James’s Palace Nobel Laureate Symposium is bringing
together scientists and leaders to concentrate on solving the climate
challenge. This effort is an example of the growing worldwide
awareness of the severity of the threat to our very way of life from a
changing climate.

Nearly five years ago, I changed the course of my own career to focus
on the energy problem for that same reason. I left a position teaching
applied physics at Stanford University to become the Director of
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, one of the US Department of
Energy’s research laboratories. I did so because, in spite of the
magnitude of the problem, I remain optimistic that science can offer
us better choices than we can imagine today.

I was recently given a very different opportunity to affect our energy
future when President Obama asked me to serve as his Secretary of
Energy. I accepted his offer because Mr Obama has a real and deep
commitment to putting America on a sustainable energy path. Energy is
a signature issue of his Administration, and, with his leadership, we
have a great moment of possibility for meeting our global economic,
energy and climate challenges.

Under Mr Obama, America is embracing a leadership role in addressing
the world’s energy and climate change problems. At home, we are
committed to reducing our carbon emissions by more than 80 per cent by
2050, and a key committee in the US Congress passed a Bill last week
to do just that. Abroad, the United States has pledged to do its part
to ensure a successful outcome when the world meets in Copenhagen
later this year

CZY ZAUWAZYLISCIE?