Dla globloterow konferencyjny kolateral ( nowa forma - clotarral advantage)

Data: 2009-06-18 10:07:41
Autor: Me
Dla globloterow konferencyjny kolateral ( nowa forma - clotarral advantage)
 To z neuro- bio-engineering.

 Chodzi o to dlaczego bogacze trzymaja takie zwiarzatka; skad sie
bierze takie ich zroznicowanie.
 A moze mozna skierowac je anachronidalnie a kolateralnie tam gdzie
powstala pierwsza anachroida.
 Co maja wsponego? Co mozna z tym zrobic na naszym stopnieu
ewolucyjnym (bardzo duzo -
  jest nadawane juz szeroko)

 Recommended from the FIVU visuals are in "Green flowers ( unexlained
beuty) A.Hoblyn and M.O'Hara,  Timber Press 2009
  and "The Tarantula Keepers's guide" ( reviseed edition)  by
Barron,s, 2009

 These are in addition to the official program and in coordonation
with the main idea of studying tarantulas now.

On Jun 17, 2:36 pm, Me <agnesche...@gmail.com> wrote:
MOST IMPORATANT - ALL THE REST OF THE NEWS AS THEY EVOLVE.

American Tarantula Society Headquarters          atshq.org

 Home  |  Arthropads  |  Join  |  Shop  |  Message Board  |  Free
Downloads  |  Conference  |  Members  |  Contact  |  Donate  |
Promote  |  Links

ATS Conference XI
July 23-26 2009
Rio Rico, Arizona

We've added lots of great activities including catered events, an art
show and new field trips!
Register online now or mail in this form along with a check or money
order.

Times listed below are tentative and subject to change. The final
schedule of activities will be printed in the official program

Activity Schedule

Thursday, July 23

5:00 PM: ATS Mixer!

This year, we've moved the festivities to a private area and added
some great ice-breaking activities. Come in, relax, and get to know
your fellow arachnid enthusiasts!

NEW THIS YEAR: Food at the mixer will be provided to our attendees
free of charge!

7:00 PM: The World Famous ATS Cockroach Race. We've made this event
part of the mixer since it's such a great icebreaker! There will be
medals and trophies awarded, and you can buy or rent your own
cockroach to enter. Shasta Michaels is once again organizing the
races, and she's already cooking up ways to make them bigger and
better! Do you think you're above shouting at a bunch of bugs running
on the floor? Think again!

Friday, July 24

9 AM to 2 PM The Spider Mall: Our popular vendor area will be open for
business! Come browse an awesome selection of live arthropods, art,
crafts, books and supplies!

Arthropod Art Show: NEW! We're encouraging all artists and crafters to
bring samples of their work to display during the conference! These
will be on display Friday and Saturday in the main exhibit area. See
full announcement in FORUM MAGAZINE Vol. 17, issue 2.

Morning workshops:

The ever-popular sexing lab is back, plus we've added a class on
casting dead specimens in clear resin as well as special kids-only
crafts! More details to come!
Afternoon Field trip and other activities:

1 PM: Field trip

Grab a quick lunch after the workshops because then we'll head north
for an afternoon at the wonderful and world famous Arizona-Sonora
Desert Museum! Despite the name, the ASDA is more like a zoo, with an
incredible array of native wildlife on display in naturalistic and
(mostly) outdoor habitats. There's also a world-class bookstore!

6 PM: Picnic Dinner

After an afternoon of the museum, we'll go somewhere nearby and have a
picnic (food provided by the ATS) and rest up for the evening trip.

7 PM: Scorpion Hunt!

For all you nocturnal scorpion fans, we'll be heading into the desert
for some blacklighting! Kari will lead a team of scorpion enthusiasts
to blacklight the desert flats and hills on the way back to Rio Rico.
Many opportunities to view Hadrurus arizonensis, Vaejovis spinigerus,
and Vaejovis confusus abound (depending on weather and activity
levels), with the possibility of seeing some not-so-common scorpion
species and new locality records. Bring blacklights if you have them,
spares for others who don't, if possible. Heavy boots and snake chaps
are highly suggested, with a limited number of chaps provided for
kids. If you are taking a vehicle, please prepare to help those
without transportation.

Saturday, July 25

9 AM to 5 PM The Spider Mall: Our popular vendor area will be open for
business! Come browse an awesome selection of live arthropods, art,
crafts, books and supplies!

10 AM to 5 PM Lectures:
The lectures will not be given in the order listed below; the
conference program will list the correct times.

Dr. Brent Hendrixson will present:

The potential utility of DNA-based taxonomy in Aphonopelma: a
preliminary investigation

Brent will summarize the taxonomic history of Aphonopelma, highlight
the many hurdles faced to revise this challenging genus, present new
molecular data that shows great potential for solving many of the
taxonomic problems, and discuss ways by which conference attendees can
contribute to this important research.

Dr. Kevin Wright will present:

A Veterinarian's Musings on Tarantulas

An exotic animal veterinarian discusses common problems encountered
with captive tarantulas and offers his perspective on areas of
research that would help improve their care in captivity. He will
discuss several projects where private hobbyists may contribute their
expertise and surplus specimens to improve the understanding of their
health and treatments.

Kari McWest will present:

So, what does Superstitionia donensis mean, anyway? Etymology and
pronunciation, how to say scientific names and know what you're
saying.

We all have our way of saying those Greek and Latin, and otherwise
species names of our critters and those we study, but are there rules
for pronunciation? And what do all those weird names like
"Theraphosa", "Aphonopelma", and "Anuroctonus" really mean? Why did
the authors give these animals such names? Kari will hope to explain
some of the answers, but it won't all be boring lists, there are
actually many biologists with a sense of humor! Come prepared with
questions of your favorite arachnid names.

Incidentally, Superstitionia is for the Superstition Mountains, east
of Phoenix, and donensis is for the Dons Camp in Peralta Canyon in the
Superstitions, where Stahnke first discovered the species.

Orin McMonigle will present:

Cockroaches!

Discussion includes cockroach hobby history, feeders for arachnids,
and pet species including the present knowledge for the heaviest (and
most expensive) species in existence.

Millipede Husbandry

Rearing and breeding tips for the giant spirobolid and spirostreptids
with concentration on native species including the largest peninsular
species and the albino form of Narceus americanus (only known in
captivity).

Wade Harrell will present:

Giant Spiders Attack: A history of giant arthropods in film

From the classic giant bug movies of the 50's through the CGI
animation of today, giant arthropods have a long history on the silver
screen. Through film clips, we'll explore a wide range of films, from
the well-made to the laughably bad in this fun presentation.

More speakers to be announced!

6:00 PM Pizza Party! Come join us for the traditional post-lecture
pizza feast! This year, we'll have the pizza out BEFORE the raffle!

6:30 PM The Legendary ATS Conference Raffle Be sure to buy plenty of
tickets! If you've never experienced that raffle, you will NOT believe
the quality (and quantity!) of the prizes awarded!

Sunday, July 26th

For those aren't headed back home yet, we'll top off the conference
with a field trip Sunday, expect something exciting!

Conference Hotel:

We've arranged to keep the same room rate as last year, $87 a night,
at the official conference hotel, the beautiful Esplendor Resort in
Rio Rico, AZ (approximately 45 minutes south of Tucson). The resort is
smack dab in the middle of prime arthropod territory, and offers all
the amenities of a true resort hotel! There are many interesting
attractions for those family members who may not be as interested in
arthropds:http://hhandr.com/esplendor_attractions.php. When making
your reservation, be sure to specify that you are part of the American
Tarantula Society Conference in order to get the special rate!

Esplendor Resort *Official Conference Hotel*
1069 Camino Caralampi
Rio Rico, AZ 85648
P: 520-281-1901
Toll Free: 1-800-288-4746
E-mail: reservation...@hhandr.com
Website:www.esplendor-resort.com

Alternate Hotels:

Nearby Green Valley also has hotel options a mere 15 minutes from the
conference hotel, including Baymont Inn (520-399-3736) and the Best
Western (520-625-2250).

Camping:

For the adventurous, there's also camping available at nearby Pena
Blanca Lake. For information, contact:

Dla globloterow konferencyjny kolateral ( nowa forma - clotarral advantage)