How Gates is not surging any more - 3 factors on the political scene of Afganistan 'decide' ( prevail).

Data: 2009-09-08 07:27:15
Autor: Me
How Gates is not surging any more - 3 factors on the political scene of Afganistan 'decide' ( prevail).
1. "..in an interview with the French daily Le Figaro published today,
Mr Karzai insisted
he would not sit down with any faction that refused to cut its links
with al-Qaeda
or failed to respect the Afghan constitution.

2. "Mr Karzai implicitly confirmed that Saudi Arabia is involved in
trying to broker talks between
his Government and the Islamist militia fighting an insurgency against
Afghan and Nato forces."

3. "Asked whether he was ready to talk to the Taleban, he replied:
“It’s something that
I’ll do in these first 100 days. I’ve noticed a change of attitude on
the part of President
 Obama, compared to his predecessor. "

The Times

How Gates is not surging any more - 3 factors on the political scene of Afganistan 'decide' ( prevail).