Insider: Lepiej nie wku%$aj Sterna.

Data: 2010-03-16 05:25:28
Autor: Leszczur
Insider: Lepiej nie wku%$aj Sterna.
Ciekawy w swoim subiektywizmie artykuł z Insidera, pióra anonimowego
zawodnika NBA.
Przeczytajcie i sprobujcie zgadnac kto jest owym tajemniczym Gallem
Anonimem.
Ja sie domyslam, ale o szczegółach możemy pogadac po lekturze :-)

Pozdro

L'e-szczur

Don't cross David Stern
February, 22, 2010Feb 226:01PM
By NBA Player X

This story appears in the March 8 issue of ESPN The Magazine.

Since the trade deadline just passed, some of you are probably
wondering why your team shipped a guy out of town. Money is one reason
guys get traded. So is talent. But there's a quicker way to be kicked
to the curb in the NBA: getting blackballed.

I see it a lot. Take T.J. Ford, for example. He might be on his way,
through no fault of his own. The guy had a career year last year, yet
he was on the bench for a month -- and he wasn't injured. Players have
been buzzing about him lately, wondering why one of the best guys on
the Pacers isn't playing much. It could be anything. I know of a
situation in which a starter got benched because the owner's son is
friends with the guy who replaced him.

Stuff like that happens all the time, and it's not always the coaches
making the decision. Sometimes it comes from above. I'm pretty sure,
for example, that Javaris Crittenton will be blackballed after his gun
incident with Gilbert Arenas. Gilbert is a former All-Star with a big
contract. He'll play again. But most players think Javaris is done,
that GMs won't touch him. That's just wrong.

On the plane just the other day we were talking about how guys
disappear: How Antoine Walker, Stephon Marbury, Bonzi Wells and Steve
Francis were franchise players one day, out of the league the next.
You never know where it comes from. It could be owners getting
together to decide no one is going to offer a guy a contract (yes, it
happens). Or it could come down from the commissioner. David Stern is
not a man you want to cross.

The main thing that gets you blackballed in the NBA is being a bad
influence on young players -- bad-mouthing the coach or refusing to
listen to him, living the high life. If you're a veteran pulling young
guys into that world, your days are numbered. GMs are wary of guys
like that. They do all kinds of research before signing you, like
talking to your high school coach and grade school teachers. The model
organization is San Antonio. They hardly ever sign a guy who gets in
trouble. And if they do, the guy shapes right up. If a GM thinks
you're taking young guys out, getting them drunk and hooking them up
with women, he'll drop you. And he'll tell other league GMs why.

Some guys who've been run out of the NBA, like Bonzi, are doing
whatever they can for another shot. Bonzi is better than a lot of guys
in the league but won't get a second chance because of his rep as a
bad locker room guy. The NBA doesn't have a team like the Bengals that
gives bad-rep guys another chance.

Sad thing is, you see some of these guys who are out of the league --
like Francis, Antoine or Steph -- and they still act as if they're
stars. They're still like, "I'm the man. It's never gonna go away."
They dress the same and spend money like they're still making it. I
hear a lot of guys are working out in Chicago, waiting for the phone
to ring. But the NBA doesn't really give you a second shot once you've
been blackballed. Stern has the power to say a guy is not welcome
anymore. You also have GMs with jobs on the line who don't want to
take a risk. Look at what happened when Isiah Thomas signed bad locker
room guys like Zach Randolph. The Knicks imploded, and Thomas got
fired.

I think this Arenas incident scared a lot of players. But I'm not sure
if it will change much. The phone number the NBA gives us to call if
we're struggling with alcohol and other things isn't going to start
ringing off the hook. Thing is, this wasn't the first time Gilbert
messed up. The NBA told him to chill a couple years ago, but I don't
think he took it seriously. Word around the league is that he's at
home freaking out, calling the NBA every five minutes to fix things,
afraid it all might disappear.

Funny enough, I haven't heard much about guys acting up this season.
The Hawks used to be notorious for partying before they got Joe
Johnson and got good. They had guys like Antoine, who would go out to
clubs and go wild. It wasn't until they got rid of the bad influences
that they started playing well. And you can usually tell who the bad
influences are just by looking at how often a guy gets traded. If he's
been moved five times, it probably doesn't have anything to do with
creating cap room or getting good value. He's got an attitude problem,
and his bosses sent him packin'.

Player X is an NBA star. This is his second column in a series of
unfiltered looks into the lives of professional athletes.

Data: 2010-03-16 07:59:18
Autor: sooobi
On 16 Mar, 13:25, Leszczur <leszc...@acn.waw.pl> wrote:
Ciekawy w swoim subiektywizmie artykuł z Insidera, pióra anonimowego
zawodnika NBA.
Przeczytajcie i sprobujcie zgadnac kto jest owym tajemniczym Gallem
Anonimem.

Masz moze jego pierwszy artykul?

Ja sie domyslam, ale o szczegółach możemy pogadac po lekturze :-)

A ja nie mam pojecia:)

Data: 2010-03-16 17:14:40
Autor: Tomasz Radko
W dniu 2010-03-16 13:25, Leszczur pisze:
Ciekawy w swoim subiektywizmie artykuł z Insidera, pióra anonimowego
zawodnika NBA.
Przeczytajcie i sprobujcie zgadnac kto jest owym tajemniczym Gallem
Anonimem.
Ja sie domyslam, ale o szczegółach możemy pogadac po lekturze :-)

Obstawiałbym Stackhouse'a.

pzdr

TRAd

Data: 2010-03-16 09:45:36
Autor: Leszczur
On 16 Mar, 17:14, Tomasz Radko <t...@interia.pl> wrote:
W dniu 2010-03-16 13:25, Leszczur pisze:

> Ciekawy w swoim subiektywizmie artykuł z Insidera, pióra anonimowego
> zawodnika NBA.
> Przeczytajcie i sprobujcie zgadnac kto jest owym tajemniczym Gallem
> Anonimem.
> Ja sie domyslam, ale o szczegółach możemy pogadac po lekturze :-)

Obstawiałbym Stackhouse'a.

Kombinuję w podobnym kierunku.
Zawodnik doswiadczony. Moze nawet bardzo doswiadczony - zblizajacy sie
do konca kariery.
Potrafi sam napisac cos wiecej niz "Whassup dawg" na Twitterze.

IMO to Grant Hill, albo Nash.

Pozdro

L'e-szczur

Data: 2010-03-16 18:00:41
Autor: Tomasz Radko
W dniu 2010-03-16 17:45, Leszczur pisze:
On 16 Mar, 17:14, Tomasz Radko <t...@interia.pl> wrote:
W dniu 2010-03-16 13:25, Leszczur pisze:

Ciekawy w swoim subiektywizmie artykuł z Insidera, pióra anonimowego
zawodnika NBA.
Przeczytajcie i sprobujcie zgadnac kto jest owym tajemniczym Gallem
Anonimem.
Ja sie domyslam, ale o szczegółach możemy pogadac po lekturze :-)

Obstawiałbym Stackhouse'a.

Kombinuję w podobnym kierunku.
Zawodnik doswiadczony. Moze nawet bardzo doswiadczony - zblizajacy sie
do konca kariery.
Potrafi sam napisac cos wiecej niz "Whassup dawg" na Twitterze.

IMO to Grant Hill, albo Nash.

Zrób mapę odniesień. Z którymi klubami wydaje się być powiązany.

Data: 2010-03-16 10:41:35
Autor: Leszczur
On 16 Mar, 18:00, Tomasz Radko <t...@interia.pl> wrote:
W dniu 2010-03-16 17:45, Leszczur pisze:

> On 16 Mar, 17:14, Tomasz Radko <t...@interia.pl> wrote:
>> W dniu 2010-03-16 13:25, Leszczur pisze:

>>> Ciekawy w swoim subiektywizmie artykuł z Insidera, pióra anonimowego
>>> zawodnika NBA.
>>> Przeczytajcie i sprobujcie zgadnac kto jest owym tajemniczym Gallem
>>> Anonimem.
>>> Ja sie domyslam, ale o szczegółach możemy pogadac po lekturze :-)

>> Obstawiałbym Stackhouse'a.

> Kombinuję w podobnym kierunku.
> Zawodnik doswiadczony. Moze nawet bardzo doswiadczony - zblizajacy sie
> do konca kariery.
> Potrafi sam napisac cos wiecej niz "Whassup dawg" na Twitterze.

> IMO to Grant Hill, albo Nash.

Zrób mapę odniesień. Z którymi klubami wydaje się być powiązany.

Nie musze - byłem na Szerloku Holmsie! ;-)
Subtelne różnice w składni oraz interpunkcji eliminują podejrzanego z
kanadyjskim paszportem.
Ponadto fakt, ze o niektorych zawodnikach pisze posługując się
nazwiskiem (Francis) a o innych - imieniem (Antoine, Steph) wskazuje
na negatywny stosunek emocjonalny do tego pierwszego. A jak inaczej
mozna nabrać takiego stosunku do zawodnika jak nie przez grę w jednym
klubie. Na przykład w Orlando, przez dwa lata bólu i nie powodzeń? A
kto grał przez dwa sezony z Francisem na przykład w Magic? Zagadka
rozwiązana ;-)

Pozdro

L'e-szczur

Insider: Lepiej nie wku%$aj Sterna.