Insider: Offseason buzz - OKC Thunder

Data: 2009-08-31 22:48:43
Autor: Leszczur
Insider: Offseason buzz - OKC Thunder
OK Bart masz tu tych swoich Sonics po renowacji.

***************************************
NBA Offseason Buzz: Thunder
Durant is on the verge of stardom, but questions remain about other
young playersComment Email Print Share  By John Hollinger & Ric Bucher
ESPN Insider

Want to know who's heating up for a big season on the hardwood?
Insider is tapping into John Hollinger's projected player efficiency
ratings to see who's trending up and down across the NBA. Ric Bucher
rounds out the report by examining a pivotal player you'll want to
watch as the season approaches. The series continues with the Oklahoma
City Thunder.

The Thunder had the NBA's fourth-worst record, which doesn't sound
like much of an accomplishment until you consider that the team dealt
with an abrupt change in cities and then a midseason change in coaches
(from P.J. Carlesimo to Scott Brooks) and started 3-23. Drafting
Arizona State shooting guard James Harden adds another solid piece to
the Thunder core, but GM Sam Presti didn't find a big man worthy of
his cap space. The natural growth of Kevin Durant, an uninterrupted
summer of preparation and a full training camp with center Nenad
Krstic should catapult them into the middle of the Western Conference
pack, but flirting with the playoffs will have to wait until they add
another piece.

To see which player is taking off, who is crashing to earth and which
name you'll need to know for the 2009-10 season, you must be an ESPN
Insider.

Trending Up: Kevin Durant
Last season: 20.85 PER
2009-10 projection: 23.50 PER

Durant projects to lead the league in points per 40 minutes and to log
one of the league's largest PER increases, a sentiment that most
observers would echo based on how he performed in the second half of
the 2008-09 season.

The fact that he will score is unquestioned; it's how he develops in
the other phases of the game that will define how high his star
ascends. Durant exhilarated with his scoring ability last year, but
his inability to pass or defend didn't translate into superstar
production overall. If Oklahoma City is going to turn the corner, it
has to start with its marquee player becoming better-rounded. --
Hollinger

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

Trending Down: Kevin Ollie

Last season: 9.94 PER
2009-10 projection: 8.33 PER

Minnesota traded Ollie to Oklahoma City, where he is coveted more for
his ability to mentor in the locker room than for anything he can
provide on the court. While there's a chance he'll see some minutes as
the backup point guard if Shaun Livingston can't stay healthy, it's
more likely that he'll see little to no court time and instead serve
as a glorified assistant coach. If so, it provides a nice transition
to his next career, as his current one seems pretty close to the end.
-- Hollinger

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

Bucher's Name to Know: Russell Westbrook

Presti demonstrated his confidence in Westbrook as his point guard by
waiving Earl Watson and drafting Harden with both Jonny Flynn and
Ricky Rubio available. But now Westbrook has to prove he deserved it.
He put in the time this summer, dominating the Orlando Summer League,
showing a poise in the Las Vegas run expected (but not always seen)
from a second-year player, and then training with Team USA's
assortment of the league's up-and-coming stars.

None of that matters, though, unless it translates into better
decision-making, which then translates into taking better shots (39.8
percent shooting) and not leading the league again in turnovers (274).
With Harden added to the mix, Westbrook's scoring will be less
important and his distribution and orchestration all the more vital.
Added weapons can make a team better, but only if the point guard
knows how to pick the right one to load and fire every time down the
floor. Presti has given Westbrook the key to the armory. Time for him
to show he knows what to do with it. -Bucher

John Hollinger writes for ESPN Insider. Ric Bucher is a senior writer
for ESPN The Magazine and ESPN Insider.

Data: 2009-09-01 00:40:18
Autor: sooobi
On 1 Wrz, 07:48, Leszczur <leszc...@acn.waw.pl> wrote:
OK Bart masz tu tych swoich Sonics po renowacji.

Wielkie dzieki, tak myslalem ze te artykuly to jakies badziewie
bedzie.
Napisane na kolanie podczas lunchu i jeszcze chca za to piniondze, ehh

Data: 2009-09-01 01:04:49
Autor: L'e-szczur
On 1 Wrz, 09:40, sooobi <soo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> OK Bart masz tu tych swoich Sonics po renowacji.

Wielkie dzieki, tak myslalem ze te artykuly to jakies badziewie
bedzie.

To najgorsza czesc sezonu. Co ciekawsi FA juz sa w nowych klubach i
temat dawno zostal omowiony,  campy jeszcze sie nie zaczely, a ile
mozna pisac o sytuacji Lee, czy o tym, ze Iverson stal sie tegorocznym
odpowiednikiem Marburego?

Napisane na kolanie podczas lunchu i jeszcze chca za to piniondze, ehh

Chlopaki musza z czegos żyć.

Pozdro

L'e-szczur

Data: 2009-09-01 08:40:56
Autor: s
Leszczur pisze:
OK Bart masz tu tych swoich Sonics po renowacji.

Po lekturze zrozumialem, dlaczego tak chetnie wkleiles.
Ale wnioski pozostawie chwilowo dla siebie :-)

Pozdr

Data: 2009-09-01 00:10:50
Autor: L'e-szczur
On 1 Wrz, 08:40, s <s...@krzak.wp.pl> wrote:
Leszczur pisze:

> OK Bart masz tu tych swoich Sonics po renowacji.

Po lekturze zrozumialem, dlaczego tak chetnie wkleiles.

I jezeli wniosek byl inny niz: "L'e to fajny gosciu i uczynny
czlowiek" to w ogole nie pokazuj mi sie na oczy :-)

Ale wnioski pozostawie chwilowo dla siebie :-)

A to ja je dam zamiast Ciebie. Polowa ligi na drafcie bedzie sie
napalala na Westbrooka, a druga polowa bedzie sie pukala w czolo. Przy
licytacji Jeffa Greena wyzej wymienione polowy zamienia sie rolami. :-

Pozdro

L'e-szczur

Data: 2009-09-01 10:54:19
Autor: s
Insider: Offseason buzz - OKC Thunder
A to ja je dam zamiast Ciebie. Polowa ligi na drafcie bedzie sie
napalala na Westbrooka, a druga polowa bedzie sie pukala w czolo. Przy
licytacji Jeffa Greena wyzej wymienione polowy zamienia sie rolami. :-

Innymi slowy - wykluczasz przypadki zainteresowania obydwoma dzentelmentami?

Pozdr

Data: 2009-09-01 02:08:05
Autor: L'e-szczur
On 1 Wrz, 10:54, s <s...@krzak.wp.pl> wrote:
> A to ja je dam zamiast Ciebie. Polowa ligi na drafcie bedzie sie
> napalala na Westbrooka, a druga polowa bedzie sie pukala w czolo. Przy
> licytacji Jeffa Greena wyzej wymienione polowy zamienia sie rolami. :-

Innymi slowy - wykluczasz przypadki zainteresowania obydwoma dzentelmentami?

Ze niby obaj wystrzelą? Nie za duzo tych potencjalnych break-outow w
Grzmotach? Bo to i Dureń przeciez stoi u progu szalenstwa i kilkuy
role players. IMO to przesadnie duze oczekiwania jak na tak slaba
(mimo wszystko) druzyne.

Pozdro

L'e-szczur

Data: 2009-09-01 11:13:28
Autor: s
Insider: Offseason buzz - OKC Thunder
Ze niby obaj wystrzelą? Nie za duzo tych potencjalnych break-outow w
Grzmotach? Bo to i Dureń przeciez stoi u progu szalenstwa i kilkuy
role players. IMO to przesadnie duze oczekiwania jak na tak slaba
(mimo wszystko) druzyne.

:-)
Wieeeem, narazam sie znowu, ale cos mi tu pachnie seria zaslon dymnych ...

Pozdr

Data: 2009-09-01 02:14:54
Autor: L'e-szczur
On 1 Wrz, 11:13, s <s...@krzak.wp.pl> wrote:
> Ze niby obaj wystrzelą? Nie za duzo tych potencjalnych break-outow w
> Grzmotach? Bo to i Dureń przeciez stoi u progu szalenstwa i kilkuy
> role players. IMO to przesadnie duze oczekiwania jak na tak slaba
> (mimo wszystko) druzyne.

:-)
Wieeeem, narazam sie znowu, ale cos mi tu pachnie seria zaslon dymnych ....

Nie - akurat powyzsze jest szczera prawda. To oczywiscie nie wyklucza
mojego udzialu w zadnej licytacji - wszak jestem podatny na hype tak
jak kazdy inny GM w lidze.
Po prostu jestem przekonany, ze wszyscy prospekci w jednej druzynie
nie maja prawa wypalic. Ale ma sie to nijak to tego, czy po sezonie
bede zalowal, ze kogos z Thunder kupilem, czy ze go odpuscilem. :-)

Pozdro

L'e-szczur

Data: 2009-09-01 00:35:10
Autor: sooobi
Insider: Offseason buzz - OKC Thunder
> OK Bart masz tu tych swoich Sonics po renowacji.

Po lekturze zrozumialem, dlaczego tak chetnie wkleiles.

Hehe, napisalem wczoraj do L'e z prosba o wklejenie jakiegos
przykladowego zespolu z tego insidera ze zwyklej ciekawosci.
Pomyslalem o Thunder zeby nie bylo ze napalam sie zaraz na jakiegos
gracza z innego zespolu a tutaj Slawek juz wyciagnal daleko idace
wnioski, pieknie:)

Data: 2009-09-01 12:22:34
Autor: Tomasz Radko
Leszczur pisze:

his cap space. The natural growth of Kevin Durant, an uninterrupted
summer of preparation and a full training camp with center Nenad
Krstic should catapult them into the middle of the Western Conference
pack, but flirting with the playoffs will have to wait until they add
another piece.

Nie rozumiem tego zdania. "The middle of the WC" to miejsca, powiedzmy, od szóstego do dziesiątego. Jeżeli OKC wykatapultuje się w te okolice, to z definicji będzie "flirtować z p-o". Być może Hollinger miał na myśli awans z miejsca 12 na 10? No ale wtedy prognoza nie brzmiałaby aż tak odważnie.

pzdr

TRad

Insider: Offseason buzz - OKC Thunder