Iverson bis?

Data: 2012-01-07 19:08:38
Autor: Tomasz Radko
Iverson bis?
=========
Presumably, one of the reasons the Knicks went
out and acquired Carmelo Anthony was because they viewed him as a
franchise cornerstone, difference-maker type player. While no one doubts
his scoring prowess, it’s fair to question whether he has a tangible
impact on a team’s ability to win games.

Over the last two seasons, the Knicks are two games over .500 before
acquiring Anthony, and two games under after Anthony became a Knick.
Their points scored, allowed and field goal percentage are virtually the
same before and after Anthony.

The Denver Nuggets, on the other hand, are 23-9 since trading Carmelo
Anthony, after sitting at 32-25 last season before trading their
superstar. Only the Bulls have a better record since Feb. 22, 2011, the
date of the trade.
==========

Ktoś może sprawdzić, jak transfer Anthony'ego oceniał Hollinger?

Data: 2012-01-08 05:22:21
Autor: Tomasz Waszczyński
Iverson bis?
On 7 Sty, 19:08, Tomasz Radko <t...@interia.pl> wrote:
========> Presumably, one of the reasons the Knicks went
out and acquired Carmelo Anthony was because they viewed him as a
franchise cornerstone, difference-maker type player. While no one doubts
his scoring prowess, it’s fair to question whether he has a tangible
impact on a team’s ability to win games.

Over the last two seasons, the Knicks are two games over .500 before
acquiring Anthony, and two games under after Anthony became a Knick.
Their points scored, allowed and field goal percentage are virtually the
same before and after Anthony.

The Denver Nuggets, on the other hand, are 23-9 since trading Carmelo
Anthony, after sitting at 32-25 last season before trading their
superstar. Only the Bulls have a better record since Feb. 22, 2011, the
date of the trade.
=========>
Ktoś może sprawdzić, jak transfer Anthony'ego oceniał Hollinger?

Słabiutko oceniał:

Hollinger's Grades: Melo to Knicks
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/insider/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=TradeGrades-110222

Finally, it's over. Carmelo Anthony gets to become a New York Knick,
just as he pushed for all season, and it seems there's reason for
relief and joy everywhere.

New York fans can rejoice over their team's new star combo. Chauncey
Billups can rejoice over getting paid his $14 million next season.
Denver Nuggets owner Stan Kroenke can rejoice because his team will
get under the luxury tax line. Memphis Grizzlies and Portland Trail
Blazers fans can rejoice over suddenly increased odds of a playoff
berth. And writers and fans can rejoice because they can finally talk
about something else.

Actually ... not so fast on that last one.

First, we have to assess the carnage of the final deal. Anthony will
head to New York in a 12-player swap that will send Timofey Mozgov,
Raymond Felton, Danilo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler to Denver along with
New York's first-round pick in 2014 (or later), Golden State's second
round picks in 2012 and 2013 and $3 million in cash. Joining Melo in
the Big Apple will be Billups, Shelden Williams, Anthony Carter,
Renaldo Balkman and Minnesota's Corey Brewer. Meanwhile, the
Timberwolves will also get $3 million of New York's money, along with
Anthony Randolph and Eddy Curry.

Here's our outlook:

Denver trades Carmelo Anthony, Chauncey Billups, Shelden Williams,
Anthony Carter and Renaldo Balkman to the Knicks for Wilson Chandler,
Raymond Felton, Danilo Gallinari, Timofey Mozgov, a first-round draft
pick (2014 or later) and cash. Knicks also send Anthony Randolph and
Eddy Curry to Minnesota for Corey Brewer.

New York: D+

You can't evaluate this as you would a normal trade. This deal was
made at gunpoint, and that colors the entire assessment.

Anthony became the first player in memory to issue a trade demand and
then list one team that he'd accept a trade to. And then somehow, the
Knicks decided to start bidding against themselves and repeatedly
agreed to up the ante in the final hours.

New York could have had Anthony this summer while losing only Chandler
(a restricted free agent they would have had to renounce). Their
primary risk to that outcome was a "franchise tag" in the new
collective bargaining agreement that would have allowed Denver to keep
Anthony. But even then plenty of alternatives were available for the
Knicks, as three better players -- Chris Paul, Deron Williams, and
Dwight Howard -- all seemed anxious to get to the Big Apple via power
plays of their own, and one of the three (or another marquee star) may
have wriggled free regardless of what new restrictions the next CBA
imposes.

This isn't Indiana or Memphis, and this saga laid that reality bare.
Even with a franchise tag rule, New York had so many advantages that
it was only a matter of time before a second star showed up,
especially given the salary cap space the Knicks had carved out.

To get a player like Anthony in those circumstances, it was worth
paying something above just Chandler to convert a likely outcome to a
certainty.

But in this case the premium New York paid was as follows, beyond
Chandler:

• Gallinari
• Mozgov
• Their 2014 first-round draft pick
• Golden State's second-round picks in 2012 and 2013 (owned by the
Knicks)
• $6 million in cash ($3 million each to Minnesota and Denver)
• Swallowing two dead-money years at the end of Balkman's contract
• Trading Anthony Randolph for Corey Brewer
• Trading Felton for Billups, making New York eight years older at the
point guard spot with a player who makes nearly twice in salary next
season. Remind me again why they needed to commit to all eight of
these additional considerations for a player they were likely to get
anyway?

The worst part, of course, is that this deal proves that no matter how
many advantages New York gains from its magnetic appeal to potential
free agents, owner James Dolan will screw them up. Leaning on the
genius of Isiah Thomas -- because it worked out so well for the first
time -- he fell hook, line and sinker for every bluff thrown his way
by the Nuggets and Melo's people. (Yes, Melo's people participated --
Anthony needed to make sure he got a lucrative contract extension
under the current salary rules before being traded.)

New York still gets its Melo-Stoudemire nucleus, but now lacks the
supporting pieces to do anything important with that core. And by
extending Melo now, they agree to lock him up at such an expensive
price that, in concert with Stoudemire's deal, it likely precludes
making a run at Chris Paul, Deron Williams or Dwight Howard in 2012.

Denver: B+

With a loaded gun pointed at their heads, the Nuggets bluffed and
schemed their way to a very palatable end-game by running circles
around the New York area's battling ownership groups. Using New Jersey
for leverage and hoping the Knicks were foolish enough to take the
bait, Denver eventually squeezed terms that got the Nuggets under the
luxury tax line -- a sizable fit considering they were $13 million
over -- brought in a much younger point guard, two quality forwards, a
young big man, a first-round pick, two second-round picks and cash.

That's not a bad haul, and it still may be improved upon. With Lawson
ready to move up to the starting role, it appears Felton may be moved
on to a third team. It's not out of the question that Denver could
still make the playoffs, and if the Nuggets can hang on to center Nene
Hilario -- another of the Nuggets' potential free agents -- Denver
will come out of this in far better shape than most teams that lose a
star player.

Minnesota: B+

I like Brewer, but I'd trade him for Randolph in a heartbeat. Brewer
is a solid role player who plays great defense but can't shoot or
dribble. That type of player has his uses, but that's all Brewer will
ever be. Helpful, yes, but fungible too.

Randolph has a lower floor but a much higher ceiling. He can't shoot,
he weighs 11 pounds and he's a head case. On the other hand, he has
rare shot-blocking talent, handles the ball unusually well for a
player of his size, and is an elite athlete. He's a potential game-
changer at the defensive end and, if the light bulb ever comes on,
he's going to provide a very potent complement to Kevin Love's skills
in the Minnesota frontcourt.

The price of that trade was just swallowing Curry's expiring contract,
but because of the difference in salary between Brewer and Randolph
and the $3 million coming from New York, it's pretty much a wash
financially. Basically it amounts to a free talent upgrade for
Minnesota just for loaning out their cap space to get the Nuggets
under the luxury tax.

--
Pzdr. Washko

Data: 2012-01-08 18:19:52
Autor: Tomasz Radko
Iverson bis?
W dniu 2012-01-08 14:22, Tomasz Waszczyński pisze:

Słabiutko oceniał:

New York still gets its Melo-Stoudemire nucleus, but now lacks the
supporting pieces to do anything important with that core. And by
extending Melo now, they agree to lock him up at such an expensive
price that, in concert with Stoudemire's deal, it likely precludes
making a run at Chris Paul, Deron Williams or Dwight Howard in 2012.

Ale nie z uwagi na wartość Anthony'ego, a z racji przepłacenia (Mozgov!
#1 w 2014!) i pozbawienie się szansy wzięcia kogoś lepszego.

Drugie pytanie: jak przed tym sezonem prognozowano liczbę zwycięstw NYK?

Data: 2012-01-10 05:27:54
Autor: Noller
Iverson bis?
On 8 Sty, 18:19, Tomasz Radko <t...@interia.pl> wrote:

Drugie pytanie: jak przed tym sezonem prognozowano liczbę zwycięstw NYK?

Vegas 41,5 , Hollinger 35. W tym sezonie zapowiada sie, ze John
zmasakruje linie bukmacherow latwo i bezbolesnie.

Pzdr Nol

Data: 2012-01-11 06:19:56
Autor: Leszczur
Iverson bis?
On 10 Sty, 14:27, Noller <cer...@poczta.fm> wrote:
On 8 Sty, 18:19, Tomasz Radko <t...@interia.pl> wrote:

> Drugie pytanie: jak przed tym sezonem prognozowano liczbę zwycięstw NYK?

Vegas 41,5 , Hollinger 35. W tym sezonie zapowiada sie, ze John
zmasakruje linie bukmacherow latwo i bezbolesnie.

Ale w Vegas wiedzieli, ze do NYK doł±czy Baron i Knicks polec± w
kosmos ;-)

Pozdro

L'e-szczur

Data: 2012-01-10 05:29:24
Autor: Noller
Iverson bis?

#1 w 2014!) i pozbawienie się szansy wzięcia kogoś lepszego.

Drugie pytanie: jak przed tym sezonem prognozowano liczbę zwycięstw NYK?

41,5

Pzdr Nol

Iverson bis?