Ludzie listy piszą

Data: 2020-12-06 21:26:47
Autor: u2
Ludzie listy piszą
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DREA-AMUzt_qoADInNQUhJP6rLKd-T5w/view

Ursula von der Leyen
President
European Commission
Rue de la Loi/ Wetstraat 200
BE-1049 Brussels 1

Dear President Von der Leyen,
The governments of Hungary and Poland have yet again showed their utter disregard for the
core values of our union by rejecting the rule of law conditionality and thereby blocking the
EU's next long-term budget, including the allocation of badly needed COVID-19 recovery aid.
Under the disguise of anti-immigration ideology and nationalistic rhetoric, they seek to
protect a political system based on unlimited power, cronyism and a wholly manipulated
public sphere.

We, mayors of Polish and Hungarian cities condemn Mr. Orbán's and Mr.Morawiecki's
actions. Representing xx millions of Hungarians and Poles, we express our support for rule of
law safeguards and for thorough oversight of EU funds to ensure that our common resources
serve the public good, and not antidemocratic and corrupt interests.

While we still hope that our governments will at last concede to the original budget proposal
and acquiesce to the rule of law mechanism, we believe that an intergovernmental
agreement without Hungary and Poland on NextGenerationEU is now a realalternative. For
that unfortunate turn of events, let us offer a prospective solution that would not only
provide badly needed EU-assistance to our countries, but would also offer a prospective
remedy to the challenge that our increasingly authoritarian governments represent.

In case of an intergovernmental agreement without Hungary and Poland, we propose that the
EU uses the resources originally allocated in the NextGenerationEU for Hungary and Poland to
create a Recovery and Resilience Fund for Polish and Hungarian Municipalities so that they
can drive forward a sustainable and socially just economic recovery. We will guarantee full
transparency and accountability, as well as full alignment with the values and stated
objectives of the European Union.

The current crisis has painfully highlighted Europe's decade-long untreated illness: democratic
backsliding and authoritarianism in certain member states. Europe must not let increasingly
autocratic governments hold our future hostage. At this time of multiple crises, the European
Union has a duty to safeguard the well-being of all its citizens and drive a sustainable
economic recovery. We, Hungarian and Polish municipalities stand ready to play a
constructive role.

Sincerely yours

Rafał Trzaskowski, Mayor of Warsaw
Gergely Karácsony, Mayor of Budapest
Other mayors of Hungarian and Polish cities TBD

Data: 2020-12-07 07:59:32
Autor: Runt
Ludzie listy piszą
W dniu 2020-12-06 o 21:26, u2 pisze:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DREA-AMUzt_qoADInNQUhJP6rLKd-T5w/view

napisz i ty ;-)))

--
Runt

Oculum pro oculo dentem pro dente!
Keep smilling. All's well that ends well.

Ludzie listy piszą