Miedwiediew: rozstrzeliwać nie będziemy.

Data: 2011-11-27 08:01:34
Autor: Grzegorz Z.
Miedwiediew: rozstrzeliwać nie będziemy.
(Reuters) - Russian President Dmitry Medvedev raised the prospect of
criminal prosecution for space mishaps on Saturday following a series of
failed launches that have embarrassed Russia.

Earlier this month, a probe designed to bring back soil samples from the
Mars moon Phobos got stuck in Earth's orbit, leaving Russia's first
interplanetary mission in years with almost no chance of success.

The probe failure came less than three months after a cargo ship carrying
food and fuel to the International Space Station burned up in the
atmosphere shortly after launch.

"Recent failures are a strong blow to our competitiveness. It does not mean
that something fatal has happened, it means that we need to carry out a
detailed review and punish those guilty," Medvedev told reporters in
televised comments.

"I am not suggesting putting them up against the wall like under Josef
Vissarionovich (Stalin), but seriously punish either financially or, if the
fault is obvious, it could be a disciplinary or even criminal punishment,"
he said.

Medvedev has recently made similar calls for strict punishment after
disasters blamed on carelessness, corruption and problems with Russia's
rusty infrastructure, such as a riverboat sinking in July that killed 122.

(Reporting by Maria Kiselyova; Editing by Steve Gutterman and Sophie Hares)

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/11/26/us-russia-space-idUSTRE7AP0FI20111126

--
"Tylko owce potrzebują Pasterza"

Miedwiediew: rozstrzeliwać nie będziemy.