Nowa kultura w jedzeniu i duzo wiecej

Data: 2010-07-13 08:26:23
Autor: Me
Nowa kultura w jedzeniu i duzo wiecej
THIS ONE IS ABOUT FOOD AND EATING CONSCIEUSLY.
AND MAKING SELGF GOOD THAT WAY ALL THE WAY INSIGHT TOO
( it is more than just acquiring into the cells what we bring in - we
get the
third value there - added product as we call elswhere- and by-
products)
AT THE FIVU GYM ( NEXT TO KITCHEN, AND IN THE GARDEN ITSELF)
 WE ARE ARTFULL IN WHAT THE FOOD CAN DO TO BODY, MIND
AND THE WHOLE GALAXY. QUEEN IS WATCHING!

Holton Farms on one of its 22 stops in Manhattan.

It was only a matter of time before two of New York’s biggest culinary
fads — food trucks and Greenmarket fare — united. As of May, the Farm
Truck from Holton Farms has roamed the city’s streets, stocked with
the Vermont farm’s pickling cucumbers, radishes and yellow squash,
along with other regional products from up north, like Walpole
Creamery’s raw-milk maple walnut ice cream and Vermont Coffee
Company’s fair-trade, organic beans.
(..)
The local food movement generally stipulates that food should travel
no more than a 100-mile radius, but that seems to be less of a concern
for Holton Farms. “New York City has more people than any other place
in the country, so what better place to start a business than here?”
says Adam Foreman, who runs the truck operation. “And Vermont is only
four hours to New York City, so we’re actually closer than a lot of
upstate New York.” He’s also quick to point out that one of the
truck’s main goals is to serve areas of New York that lack access to
farm-fresh produce at subsidized prices, noting that Holton Farms
recently acquired a year-round space at La Marqueta, the East Harlem
marketplace located under the Metro North tracks.

The C.S.A. is scheduled to operate through Nov. 21; about 200 members
have signed up so far. The owners are already looking ahead. “In the
winter, we’d like to do a breakfast business, with flapjacks with
maple syrup, waffles, oatmeal, Berkshire pork bacon and our cage-free
eggs,” says Foreman, adding that eventually they’d like to retrofit
the truck to run on biodiesel, then deploy a fleet of Farm Trucks in
New York to reach more neighborhoods and, ultimately, set up a similar
operation in Boston.

            E-mail This Print Share

Related PostsFrom T Magazine
We Made It Ourselves | Cunningham Farms Sweet Potato Butter

Nowa kultura w jedzeniu i duzo wiecej