POWTORKA : Powerful stakeholder in town ( MOTIVATING FUTURE STRATEGY)

Data: 2009-11-02 13:00:39
Autor: Me
POWTORKA : Powerful stakeholder in town ( MOTIVATING FUTURE STRATEGY)
 POWERFUL STAKEHOLDER IN TOWN
    ( motivational letter on strategic planning)

This dilema is captures as a question in the essey. This is
motivational letter designed to capture the process factors as they
evolve.

  /In early days when I was thinking to write up a process model this
primal
  simplistic exemplification of it was playing in my mind.
 Actual model is more evolved./

Where are the power shifts?  How to get structural anchor point, ahead
or in the running stream?  See the sample:
MOTIVATIONAL  LETTER with hypothetical situations

      How to get added process benefits at shift points.

Dear Director,

Thank you for fast reply. I understand in part only how organizations
struggle.

I had a suggestion. Using the fact that was in academia, on the
insight of more than 1 non profit organization, and that I am gaining
other expertise now, I could pick part of the process as a facilitator
for you, to see if you can use what comes out in the set up process
(necessary factor) in, let say, 2 sessions: one early in a day with
follow up later.

The day of the conference that brings in interested in organization
presenters for the conference be good, given that we reserve 1 hour
early and 1 later. This could  expand your stakeholder pool to the additional
expertise if you can invite involved parties to the voluntary initial strategic planning
session ( plus save them extra trip –  a big consideration given your locale)

The very last stage of deciding on final strategy, that I am not
offering, is your staff decision. I might facilitate producing valid
and most practical recommendations.

While facilitating, I pull together the best of the involved
volunteers that you were able  to gather plus these new interested
in the process parties ( if any). In that I get the process factors on the top
of the established goals and means that go to the strategic options that organization
can orient itself for next 3-5 years.

Facilitating alone gives you the
picture who the future players could be and how you can match them (as
one only sample of added process benefit here)

We need the external of your organization developmental trends for the
similar and higher level of performance to incorporate what others
already encountered on the way up. In case you want to get
accreditation, we would need lots of information. Several other
organizations went thought the process around here, but we need the
competition factors in the understanding of underlying (salient)
process. Sometimes stockholders across the border can be more generous
and sometimes is the opposite. We need that input about parties having
interest in what organization does.

I am speculating that if you are making very interesting conferences than
the people who outgrew the organization can come back and have
information ready on what happens when other organizations expand or
shifts (this is a buzz word – it is not about the linear growth only –
it is how to jump up) the growth of the organization like yours. The
resource upgrade we got invites (a huge lift here, but not
sufficient ) the upgrade in the functions.

I know other organizations that struggle with incentives, but
incentives are build in already – we need to rearrange what we pick in
strategy that one stimulates  the other. One group of customers tells
potential other what is so interesting here,  for an instance, but what
we pick as an expansion point will come up
only if we toss all the growth factors in facilitated sessions
( the  necessary process stage).

I was explaining in process how the strategic part of planning
captures the added benefit of the process as is (over that linear
growth) - to go beyond what otherwise naturally evolved long and slow
and not necessary upwards. It is by far more than setting plan goals
and means. It is setting goals in such a combination that it captures
maximum resources and opportunities (including created as a new).

These who stop by at your organization on another business might want
to collaborate here and it is a potential future anchor point, that
you get without a broad advertising campaign that be most likely
ineffective,  as when new employees or activists decide to relocate
here, they already have other offer that is most likely a higher
offer!

So what we do with that? Other organizations and even fellowship based
Institutes use and abuse lots of presenters and part time workers, so
maybe not that line for now or not in the current context (this even
before all volunteers express the view on this). When each participant
expresses the view, however informed or not, than process will only be
working if we keep tossing around ( the essence of the process
analysis) what considerations for the future are really playing in a
broader context.  We be able to clarify for all involved (added
process benefit) these trends and options in order to pick the high
efficiency strategizing.  When the selected converging point picks up
in discussions about options, I play around with alternatives.

If you believed me and than immediately put into your plan what I
have highlighted in this letter that alone will not do the trick because you
will remove the process benefit plus assume that these are attainable
by assigning the person to them, as oppose to struggle at tapping
where the added benefit naturally emerges in the process (Sorry for
the lecturing).

                             About competing  or  sudden new trends.

Your gallery opening at your place that you picked the date converging
well with women still celebrating international women month has an
emerging competition, as a true surge. Out of that women month long
celebration the matter blew up on topic where we stand on human
rights, because its natural convergence with women rights and long
month talks in many organizations and universities. Thus, on that date
that you picked so well, more players - stakeholders are at other
place now, and not at your lustrous gallery opening with most
interesting speakers.  How do you capture and predict things like
that? Let’s struggle, between now and when we get to the process, over
this unpredictability. This emerging competing trend came up on a week
notice.

It did it because of the process factors combination: women
conferences everywhere posed the questions (process, not that
conferences were getting boring on the same subject – they triggered
the extra: where we really are in terms of rights and what about the
other than women rights) and , as a new emerging factor,  the
international NGOs and the large audiences speakers (larger
stakeholder overpowering) ceased the moment and used captured
bysomething else audience.

All that happens when stakeholders-actors ,as formerly well
established, stayed up long ( to polish well established goal and
means all knew it well)  and missed announcements of the new  players
who do not even care if you get the message, as they use what you have
in part painstakingly planned, to evolve as clever convergence with
women celebrations (and now, sorry to say,  lost benefit aka
collateral waste - in more complicated scenarios). This was only an
example of the new trend development ( rights of other than women
groups) and the sudden shift to more powerful player, just on the date of
your gallery opening that you announced long ago.

How we account for  such external process shifts in the strategy for your
organization longer term development of 3-5 years. Are you with me?
Can we replicate something like this shift at your place when we need
it?

I mean to replicate only added benefits that play. I think I
convinced you that the whole team of volunteers need to apply itself
very well to figure out well these possible trends, shifts and longer
term strategies. One single factor above that did the shift was: more
powerful stakeholder stopping in town to make a speech without any
elaborated preparation. What do you think? A

POWTORKA : Powerful stakeholder in town ( MOTIVATING FUTURE STRATEGY)