PRZED ICH OCZYMA I PONAD GLOWAMI

Data: 2011-09-15 11:53:19
Autor: AC
PRZED ICH OCZYMA I PONAD GLOWAMI
  OVER OUR HEADS:  Limits of American ethinic identity as formation of
it and operation.

WHEN 3 KIDS OF AMERICAN MIDDLE CLASS AND DYPLOMATS ARE EMRSED IN THE
COMPLETELY NEW ENVIRON AND PUT TO SCHOOL WITHOUT PREP, THEY MIGHT
ADOPT ( see nyt video)

HERE IS WHAT SOME AMERICANS CAN THINK ABOUT IT:

"I think there a lot of lesson for all of us to learn from this....no
special classes for non-native speakers, an administrator who is truly
intelligent, parents willing to see their children struggle...I hope
the kids didn't feel too alienated when they came back! Bravo to
everyone! Those children got an education that should be the envy of
all parents."

I WOULD STILL ALLOW LANGUAGE PREP UPON ARRIVAL TO THE NEW COUNTRY,
SOMEWHAT FEXIBLE FOR HOW LONG THAT BE AND THE FLEXIBLE BODY SYSTEM
FOPR THE NEW COMMERS SO THEY CAN ASK THE EXTRA QUESTIONS ON THE THINKS
THEY INAVITABLY BE MISSING AT THE BEGGINING. ( SOMEHOW NOT MANY WANTED
TO NOTICE THAT IN usa KIDS LIKE TAHT GO THROUGH THE LINCOLN
RETURDATION TEST FIRST IN THE EE OF OPINIONS OF ALL LOOKING AT TGHEUR
WIRDNESS, THE DARK AGE IDEA IN ACTION; SOME GET TO BE DICRIMINATED
REALLY BAD; SOME GROUPS ARE STILL BRANDED IN USA THAT WAY. AND - WE DO
NOT REMEMBER HERE THAT DIPLOMATS ENJOY DEGREE OF PREVELEGES GRANTED BY
THE SENDING COUNTRY THUS NO REAL SOCIAL SUFFERING OCCURS TO THEM.

BUT SOME COMMENTATOR IS MORE EXTREME THAN ME:"You can also subject
your children to pneumonia and see if they will pull through without
the help of medication but surely you would not fathom this."

                 and the very common one that troubles me:

"his made me think of the American immigrant experience of 100+ years
ago, when hundreds of thousands of children arrived at Ellis Island
speaking only Polish, or Yiddish, or Lithuanian, or Italian, or just
about anything but English.

WHAT HAPPENED TO RUSSIANS, SPANIARDS, DUTCH ( MIND YOU GRABBED
MANHATTAN ISLAND FIRST), IRISH THAT DID NOT SPEAK LIKE WE ( REMIND ME,
WHO WE WERE THAN?) AND GERMAN ( THE LANGUAGE THAT ALMOST WE ARE TOLD
REPRESSED ENGLISH AT THE BEGINNING OF THE LAST CENTURY) AND OTHERS,
EITHER COLONIZERS, VISITORS OR SLAVES. AFRICAN ARE NOT EVEN IMPRESSED
IN USA AS SPEKING DIFFERENT LANGUAGES,AS IF THEY DID NOT. PERHAPS THEY
SPOKKE THE LANGUAGE OF COLONIZER THAT SOLD THEM OR OWN TRIBAL
LANGUAGE.

EVEN REVENTLY CHILDREN MIGHT SPEAK DIFFERENT LANGUAGE AT HOME AND ALL
APLICATION FOR THE KINDEGARDEN HAVE TAHT QUESTION WHAT IS LANGIAGE AT
HOME. I MIGHT BE EVEN ASKED THAT ON JOB APLICATION NOT BECAUSE I AM
IMMIGRANT BUT BECAUSE THAT IS HOW APPLICATIONS ARE MADE FOR THE
STATICAL PURPOSES AT LEAST IN SOME ESTABLISGHMENTS AND FOR WHATEVER
EMPLOYER WANTS TO CHECK.

 ( AUTHOR THINKS IS HUNDREDS YEARS AGO! AT LEAST)

"Their parents didn't work for the NYT which could shovel out $10,000
a year (that's more than 1/3 of my annual take-home pay BTW) for
private school. I'm glad they had a good experience, but considering
the immigrant experience, their resilience hardly startles me. "

RESILIENCE IS ASSUMED BY AUTHOR; I THINK IS RESORCEFULNESS FOR
ADAPTABILITY, WHICH COULD OVERLAP WTH RESILIENCE. ERSILIENCE WE
ACTIVATE UNDER ABUSE. HERE UNDER TEMPORARY HIGHER DEMAND FOR HARDER
WORK
AND DIFFERENT SOCIAL PREASURES.

NOT MANY PICKED ON THE FACT THAT IN USA 'EVERYBODY IS A WINNER' AND
FEW WOULD EXTRAPOLATE ON THAT ..... NOBODY REALLY IS.

"The end result of such experiences is that they enrich children's
lives by a huge measure, and make them so much more competitive once
they become adults.
THIS ONE IS HIDDEN AMRICAN VALUE SYSTEM THAT AUTHOR IS NOT AWRE OF
EITHER ETNOCENTRICITY OR OT OR LIMIT IN ITSELF.
 Their own cultural identity will never be lost (unless parents
deliberately choose to give it up)
THIS IS INTERESTING - FEW YERS LEFT ONLY FOR THIS FACTOR, UNLESS YOU
MEAN TRIBAL VALUE HERE THAT DOES NOT LESSEN THE GRIP WITH MATURITY; BY
FAR VERY INTERESTING ISSSUE: I RESEARCHED IT ONE AND HAVE BROAD
ANSWER : UNLESS THE PARENT IS UNSURE OF OWN IDENTITY ALMOST NO MATTER
WHICH THAT SI AS LONG AS IT IS ITS BASE IDENTITY FORMATION UNSHAKEN
( IDENTITY IS "WHAT STEADY IN ME PHYSICALLY, EMOTIONALLY AND SOCIALLY
- NATIONALLY INCLUDED; NECESSARY ETHICALLY")
, but they will gain valuable insights into the world by immersing
themselves into a culture that's noticeably different from their own.
   BUT WE HAVE IT RIGHT HERE EVERYWHERE - YOU SELF DID NOT NOTICE THAT
P[ART OF BROOKLYN HAVE RUSSIAN AS FIRTS LANGUIAGE ALMOST ON STEADY
FLOW!
 ( THIS IS SOMETHING OF AMERICAN HEROISM AND ROMANTICIZING THINGS WHEN
ONE IS REACH ENOUGH; TONE DOWN AS THE NACISISM IS TOO COMMON ALREADY;
IS THIS SOMETHING ARTIFICIALLY ADOPTED WITHOUIT UNDERSTANDING THE
SOURCE, FOR AMRICANS? IT IS AMISPLACEMENT  - THERE IN FACT IS MUCH
MORE HEROISM IN LIFE) (AM FALLING FOR THE TRAP MYSELF HERE - IT COULD
ONLY BE ETNOCENTRISM BUT MIND YOU, THE PEOPLE FROM OUTSIDE OF 'THIS
CULTURE' MIGHT ALREADY KNOW VERY WELL WHAT IT IS:)) O, WHAT THE
'TRAP'- EXAGGERATION, THAT ONCE CAN BE HISTRIONIC AND THAT IS WHAT
OTHERS CAN SEE WHEN WE DO NOT - TOO FAR FROM THE ORIGINAL MEANING OF
THINGS AND EGSOULTED UPWARDS ( JUST BEACUSE WE ARE ALL THAT -
PREJUDICE TOWARS OTHERS THAT ARE NOT ALL THAT).
   ( ADN THE SECRET IN IT THAT AMERICAN DO NOT KNOW - ASIDE THAT THIS
JOB MANIERISM FOR ACTORS; IT CAN OR IS A MANIFESTATION OF SHELOWENESS
AND LACK OF EDUCATION BOTH AS LIFE EDUCATION AND NUMBER OF PHDs
RECEIVED).

"This may have been a bold experiment for the author of the article,
but so many of us do such experiments all the time. It does not
surprise me that the experiment succeeded. It usually does, and the
results are most often extremely positive."
OTHER SECRET - THERE ARE WILLING; IT IS POLITICAL TO SHOW THIS
PROCESS; IT IS NOT A FIRST SUCH EXPERIOMENT; AND THIS ONE IS WORKING
BUT FOR AMRICANS HERE AND NOW ( THEY WILL TELL YOU IN PRIVATE - THEY
ARE NOT DOING IT, NOT ALWAYS WHY, BUT I GUSS - AMERICAn ethnic
identity does not include any healthy assertion outside of americanism
or even American family and 'they' are in trouble ovver that; these
who are brave have  "ethnic assets" ( see howe they nixed off on the
tape to just be American and know not much outside - during my youth I
would know more about countries, much more and especially if i was
going to visit) . Me, by the way is as American as can be,  with
tendencies to see from the outside due to my exposures insight and
outside of American cultures, and.... I explain these well now; I do
not have that many competitors: Ethic identity is thought in USA but
not reveals itself here in discussion; Spanish and Jews ( see
connect!) had primary expertize in USA but I do not see them much on
book sheves now they are not vocal. Could be that interbet helps, but
also merges us to the point taht we do not see what plays that very
well.
 ( I am also good in telling CIA, if it is still there where is its
responsibility - it did not contribute to American interaction with
the world, even though withing CIA mission; and even could have
injured it due to fake secrecies; at least Valery P can move easy
between culture and... where is the result)

  and now:  more specific current observation as if part of life
course - what the oucomes of transpanting  child  might be in NYC
( that the facto was bilingual):

" I was dropped into an American elementary school when I immigrated
to the US at the age of eleven and learn English by immersion. While I
did not become fluent for a long time, it was not a struggle. In
contrast, I took three years of high school Spanish, got an eighty
five on my regent exam, and I am useless with Spanish; and I don't
think it is because I don't use Spanish everyday, but more the way
Spanish was taught to me in the NYC educational system: struggling
with a lot of grammar, very little attempt at conversation or
speaking."
ON MANY LEVELS IN USA, ESPECIALLY IN SOME PUBLIC SCHOOL  ONE MIGHT NOT
EVEN SPEAK. I THNK NYC IS MORE OUTGOING AND ONE SPEAKS MORE - IT COULD
BE THAT THERE WAS ANTISPANISH PREJUDICE (not necessary thought but it
feels here and there) OR ...FOGGIES FORCED THIS CHILD TO SOMETHING NOT
FITTING THAT WELL.
WE HAD EXPERIENCE IN PREVAILANTELY SPANISH SCHOOL - WHAT HAPPENS IS
THAT
SPANISH HAVE DUPLICITY SIMILAR TO USA BORN  BETTER PEOPLE
BUT ...RESOLVE IT
AND ONCE NEW PERSON GETS IN ( IS CALLED GROUP COHESIVENESS IF FOR
GROUP OR INTERNALIZATION OF GROUP RULE OR MUTUAL ACEPTANCE POINT)
A LOT OF PERSONALIZED ATTENTION THAT AMERICAN STAFF DOES NOT GRANT
ALMOST AT ALL - AND IT IS VERY FAST IN SPANISH SETTING - DOES NOT
RELATE TO ANY ACCENT OR TAHT ALL HASTO BE UNDERSTOOD
( IT IS THE ETNIC FEATURE OF HOW THE INETRPERSONAL BOUNDERIES ARE SET
CULTURE BY CULTURE ; AMERICAN COME IN AS SEPARATERS AND AMERICANS
PSYCHIATRISTS CAN NEVER FORGET THAT ANY MORTE EITHER - IT IS IMPOSED
CULTURAL RULE FOR THE WASPS UP AN DOWN THE LADDER- if catching- TO
HAVE CLEAR BOUNDERIES ALL THE WAY TO THE FAULT OF 'NON CARING' THAT
ALL KNOW AROUND THE WORLD; WHILE SPANISH ARE MORE MERGING AND EMOTION
WHILE HAVING AWARENES OF BOUNDERY AS SPANISH;  IT IS ETHINIC IDENTITY
THAT SEPARATED THIS YOUTH AND NOT EVEN LOCAL CUSTOMS OR TENDENCY TO
SEPARTE TOO FAR, I THINK; THERE IS NO BETETR PLACE THAN NYC TO IMMERSE
LIKE THAT;
IT IS MUCH WORSE WHEN DEEP INTO THE COUNTRY;
IT IS FRIENDLY IN CHICAGO BUT NOT AS COMPREHENSIVE LIKE NY; IT IS
FRIENDLIER THERE ( I AM YET TIO CJECK HOW - LOTS OF INTERPERSONAL
SPACE IS A FACTOR IN CHICAGO, BUT AS URBAN FACTOR; WHERE FROM IS
FRIENDLINESS?)

AREAS IN NJ ARE VERY GOOD FOR THE INTERNATIONAL FEELINGS BEING WORKED
IN AND SENSE THAT ALL CULTURE CAN REPORT IN VIA KIDS AT CERTAIN POINTS
SHOWS, ACEDEMAIS, WORK / ART DISPLAYES THAT USE ETNIC 'PRODUCTS')

 and I am telling you now that I do not believe you a bit on yourt
hearsay below:  "One couple, German, moved to France for 7 years and
at the time not any of the family spoke French, although both parents
spoke British styled English. Their youngest son, 7, stopped speaking
altogether with for a year. Then, as I've been told, he one day began
talking again. He conversed in both French and German"

 STINKS FOGGY CITY ODOUR IN USA. NOTHING OF THE SORT IN PARIS,
ALTHOUGH THE ETHIC BOUNDERY IS SOMEWHAT 'COUNTUERED' ( historical
conditioning and artificiality of separadness; it is too close to have
that huge differences; France in itself has the full spectrum of ethic
identity diversification, of which I mosthly relate to pattern of
bounderies setting versus merging emotionally like let say italian -
no worries from above there; assertivenes pattern - how to speak
within group of reference and to 'strangers'..... plus national pride
as expressed abroad;
Some French deny speaking french here, perhaps for other yet aspect or
politicizing national pride ( I got some hints working with French
nationals but not in the first 10 years);

I would like to see comments of Vietnamisse youth in America - that si
mutually beneficail to know how they perceive our immersion here for
new commers.

THE LIMITS THAT I AM PICKING UP LIMIT OUT INGRAINING SELF INTO THE
WORLD; WE ARE NOT PEACEFUL - FRIENDLY ENOUGH YET AND WE HAVE
OBSTRACTED VIEW -
'NOT ENOUGH IMAGINATION', THEY SAID AND DISSEAPERED AFTER THAT ( LIKE
IN THAT FAMOUSTNOW 'I GOT TO EXCUSE SELF' THAT AMERICAN ABUSE EVEN IF
THE INTERLOCUTOR IS NOT THE ONE THAT BRINGS IN THE LIMIT - IS 'NON
CARING' BUT NOW ABOUT SELF IN CONVERSATION. THIS COULD BE OR BE VIEWED
AS VERY RUDE TOO, BUT PEOPLE FROM THE OUTSIDE DEVELOPED COMPENSATORY
MECHANISMS OVER THAT. ALL OVER OUR HEADS.

PRZED ICH OCZYMA I PONAD GLOWAMI