TRADYCJA MIDZYNARODOWEGO NAUKJOWEGO SRODOWISKA W FILADELFII

Data: 2009-10-27 12:45:21
Autor: Me
TRADYCJA MIDZYNARODOWEGO NAUKJOWEGO SRODOWISKA W FILADELFII
( PROSZE SPRAWDZIC TEZ PLOTKI)

Founded almost 100 years ago in 1910, International House Philadelphia
is an independent, non-profit organization housing nearly 400
students, scholars and interns from over 65 countries.  We provide a
unique residential experience that supports their development as
future leaders by offering a full spectrum of programs that create
individuals able to work and interact successfully with people from
all backgrounds.  To support both our residents and the Greater
Philadelphia community, International House Philadelphia has long been
the premiere presenter of international arts and cultural programs.

International House Philadelphia is a multicultural residential
center, a source of distinctive programming, and the embodiment of an
ideal. Our critical three-fold mission: to maintain a diverse and
welcoming community for scholars from around the world, while
introducing them to the American experience; to broaden the horizons
of its residents and the larger community through high quality
international arts and humanities programs and to encourage
cooperation and respect among the peoples of all nations.

CULTURAL, EDUCATIONAL AND SOCIAL PROGRAMS
(..)

International House also presents hundreds of public programs to over
20,000 Philadelphia area residents throughout the year, fostering a
global community by celebrating the world’s cultural diversity and
probing issues from an international perspective. The acclaimed Film @
International House showcases the best in international repertory,
avant garde and pop films, and often features directors and panelists
that enhance the cinematic experience by encouraging dialogue on
complex themes. Live @ International House seeks to showcase seldom-
seen and unique artists. Under the Live @ banner, we also present
scholars, authors and experts in fields ranging from global conflict,
economic development and ethnic and social studies. Art @
International House is our most recent programming addition emerging
from requests by local artists and organizations for space to showcase
their work. For non-native English speakers of all ages and abilities,
the Spoken English Program advances conversational skills.

TRADYCJA MIDZYNARODOWEGO NAUKJOWEGO SRODOWISKA W FILADELFII