Teaching "Piety" 7-8-81

Data: 2012-07-09 13:56:21
Autor: paerris
Teaching "Piety" 7-8-81

This Teaching says,
"When you kneel quietly before the Blessed
Sacrament, it should be in an act of solemn dignified
Reverence to God because of Who God Is. Piety is
expressed through our prayers, in our repetitiveness of
our prayers, in our devotion to our prayers, and our
spiritual exercises and ceremonies that honor God in
special ways."

TEACHING DELIVERED THROUGH FRANCES M. KLUG
ON JULY 8,1981

                                "PIETY"

    "There is a mistaken idea about piety. Piety
is defined very simply as Reverence for God, devotion
to religion. Both of these things are outward expressions
of hope and of Faith in God.

     It is difficult to see piety in today's evangelism
that is so dominant in the world. Evangelism today
bears a strong mark of self-love, self-esteem,
self-performance, self-righteousness, self-perfection, false prophecy,
false idealism, false interpretation, false
translation, omitting the beauty of piety in its true
essence.

     When you kneel quietly before the Blessed
Sacrament, it should be in an act of solemn dignified
Reverence to God because of Who God Is. Piety is
expressed through our prayers, in our repetitiveness of
our prayers, in our devotion to our prayers, and our
spiritual exercises and ceremonies that honor God in
special ways.

     Piety is not a thing of the past because Reverence
for God should never be a thing of the past. It is time
that people begin to return piety to their way of life
and remember what piety means in its content, in its
reason, and in its practice."

Saint Joseph's Hill Of Hope
Brea, California 92822 U.S.A.
www.TheMiracleOfStJoseph.org
All Revelations are delivered spontaneously
and continuously as witnessed by all those
present at the time.
© Copyright 1996 FMK. All rights reserved.
This is used with the permission of the copyright holder.

Teaching "Piety" 7-8-81