Grupy dyskusyjne   »   pl.soc.prawo   »   Warto Jest Przeczytac - Wakacje w Brazylji - Domki Plazowe - Investycjie w nieruchomosci w Brazylji - Property Development - Brazyljia nie odczula Recesji ! ! !

Data: 2009-08-02 23:32:31
Autor: Marty
Warto Jest Przeczytac - Wakacje w Brazylji - Domki Plazowe - Investycjie w nieruchomosci w Brazylji - Property Development - Brazyljia nie odczula Recesji ! ! !
Expat Lifestyle – Abroad Living – Overseas International Relocation to
Brazil

“Taking the Plunge” sounds like a bad ending. We would like to call
this more of an educated decision making process while being fully
informed.

We are going to tell you “How it really is” and not how it might be…

PROs & CONs
There some aspects you will have to consider first before making a
final well-informed decision.
Relocating “Offshore” or “Overseas”, if you are actually switching
continents, is not for everyone.
Differences such as climate, products & services, language & cultural
differences, cost of living, distance to friends & family, ability to
have freedom of mobility, cuisine, infrastructure & access health
care, etc…

The changes of food are not for the skirmish but you should get used
to it within 2-3 weeks. As a matter of fact today Brazilian Barbecue
is famous in most large urban cities in developed countries. There are
1000s of restaurants in Fortaleza City area and 100s of different
plates. Many establishments carry international menus and full array
of gourmet choices if you opt-out of the native items. Some persons do
not like coconut water and I love it. You say tomato I say tomato.

The climate usually is 300 sunny days annually but this year it has
rained for near 6 months. My hometown, Chicago, has been having a very
cool summer, 75F – 85F, which should be more in the 85F – 100F ranges.
Low humidity levels 30% -40% with a cooling inland breeze of up to
10km and temps within 25C – 35C from my personal experience. Right
about now you must be asking yourself: Is this constant precipitation
over long periods of time normal? Well, it certainly is the first time
in over 6 years of visiting and living in this region that I have
experienced such a prolonged whim of nature. Some of the natives have
actually stated that it is the first time in their entire lifetime
that they have experienced anything like it.  Everyone must be
thinking: Will it happen again? Nobody really knows but we are sure
enjoying the sunny summer weather now!

As far as having your favorite products within your hands reach might
be complicated in most parts of Brazil except mega-cities like São
Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, etc…But, even if you find them in let us say a
specialty shop, you can expect the cost to be quite elevated. It is
always nice to have many friends or family members that travel quite
often as well as making frequent trips back & forth. E.G. – One of my
friends is coming from France next week and he is bringing me a few
bottles of Bordeaux. This is what brings me to the next subject.
Regular flights ( NO OVERLAYS TO RECIFE – CONFIRMED ) are only
available from the USA through the Atlanta location and Miami has some
access flights as well but you really have to watch the reliability of
them and how many different connecting flights they might put you
trough few overlays.

Services can be a drag. This part of the world is much more laid-back
and relaxed and it goes for everything. When scheduling an appointment
for services performed at your house and setting it for 7am you can
expect people to show up at 8am or even 9am. When planning a dinner
with friends or for business at 7pm, once again, do not leave until
7:30pm. This is cultural and partially because of the hotter climate
where there is more night life somewhat comparable to Miami but on a
smaller scale, people leave work later and they do not show up until
9am – 10am (most business owners, managers, directors etc…) However
frustrating this might sound there are still plenty of professionals
that are more punctual than the British or Germans. Do not try to
schedule anything serious between 12 Noon and 2pm, bad idea, just like
it would be in Spain during the Siesta Hours. Trying to obtain refunds
for certain services or making complaints can become irritable. Even
though this sounds cumbersome after living here for a 6-12 months you
will get the hang of what to watch out for, how to negotiate and
demand in the local manner. As they say “When in Rome do as the Romans
do”!

Then there are the language issues. Thinking Central or South America,
are we? I hope you speak one of the Latin rooted languages if you are
over forty otherwise prepare to be spending 4-6 months straight in the
country if you have chosen it to be your semi-retirement place.
Unless, this is a full time relocation, retirement move, then you will
be speaking well in approximately 12 months time. Twenty-Four months
are required to work and do business full time speaking only
Portuguese (or rather Brazilian Portuguese) if you are beginning from
ground zero.  Portuguese and French are of the more difficult
languages of the Romance era. After four full years I was writing,
fluently I must add, complex business contracts. A type of person that
is patient, dedicated, persistent and not timid to make errors which
is of utmost importance in the learning process is needed in this
situation. Speak incorrectly, but speak is what I say! This will help
you along quite a bit and for your sake stay away from facilitating
obstacles such as making lots of English speaking friends in the area!
You will enjoy yourself much more in the long run and have a fuller
understanding of the language and culture.

Speaking of culture, which will take the most attention; it is the
more complex issue. Starting with business to religion to politics
(being mostly democratic and stable but still somewhat precarious
execution and enforcement), which are some of the most controversial
subjects; to sports such as soccer or as it is called football in
Europe. I simply avoided these until I had good control of the
language and a better understanding. The punctuality and nocturnal
lifestyle was explained earlier. The list goes on but the basics have
been mentioned. Also, even though you do not speak Portuguese well try
to pick up short expressions and local hand gestures. Pick up the body
language. This way they will not take you for a fresh tourist.

Cost of living is not extremely lower how everyone is claiming it to
be and this is even more so true today with the U$ Dollar drastically
decreasing in value around the World. All products, as mentioned
earlier, that you are accustomed to and are imported you will be
paying a premium for. Electronics are horrendously more expensive than
any other parts of the World.  Quality vehicles are in the same
category right along with the forth. Fortunately, you are allowed by
law to import one vehicle per person in you are relocating to this
location or retiring thus avoiding the over-protective tax duties
imposed for this item by the government. Telephone bills are double of
what you are paying now. Savings are on the service sector,
construction, home repairs, land, property, food, especially seafood
like lobster, shrimp, fish and oysters ( I mean we have found some
places where for U$D150 you may eat lunch and dinner all month long of
superb quality ), light & water bills, private education ( there is a
grammar / high school available today in Fortaleza City which teaches
full time all subjects in English. ) is considerably lower, labor
period, clothes & shoes, beauty treatments, plastic surgery, health
insurance ( R$700 or approx. today U$D375.00 per month for a couple
over 55yrs of age ), as a matter of fact all insurance of all types is
very affordable.

Infrastructure is one of the best in the North – East of Brazil, where
it makes the most sense to retire or relocate to with lower property
prices and gorgeous scenery, good climate and more savings than any
other parts of the country. The Federal Government has already sent U
$D4,7 Billion to upgrade it, new projects and roads in order to
prepare for the World Cup 2014. There is the expansion of
International Airports namely the new Aracati International Airport is
in full construction progress located between Canoa Quebrada and
Fortim areas which we highly recommend for high investment grade
options.
 The new Jericoacoara International Airport has been approved, funds
are available for the Fortaleza Aquarium which is going to be the
largest in S.A. and should be finished before the World Cup kickoff,
huge upgrades to the “Castelão Stadium” , new botanic garden, new
convention center just to name a few on which we will do a separate
article altogether.

At the beginning of this editorial we have mentioned “freedom of
remaining mobile”. The meaning of this is that if you ever change your
mind, anything happens in your life where there is a need to liquidate
the property and take off it is not too difficult to accomplish.
Property market is growing at an accelerated rate, stable & having
high appreciation value and facility to sell will give you the true
liberty. As long as you have purchased in a good location, with good
legal due diligence there aren’t too many better investments in
today’s global market conditions. Worst case scenario you will sell of
your property for more than what you paid for. Just like putting your
money in a bank except with a higher interest rate.
Examples of properties / investments:

http://www.escapeartist.com/International_Real_Estate/Brazil/Ceara.html

©Martin Gajewski Jr. & Glenda B. M. Chagas July, 30th, 2009. All
rights reserved. This article is strictly prohibited from reproducing
or copying in part or its entirety without prior written consent
permission from the author. All credits have to be included in any
reproduction of this material if there is an agreement in place to do
so. Breach of these rights will be pursued to the fullest extent of
the law.

We would like to invite you to join us at Invest in Brazil Club and
share the wealth of knowledge in the Brazilian Markets.

Whether you are part of Facebook, Xing, LinkedIn, Skype Community or
any other networks we are sure that you will enjoy this Club!

Business guide to Brazil - Please send feedback, join us for advice,
tips, discussions and post articles/comments.
Welcome to the Invest in Brazil Club with over 1100+ loyal members
like you. Please join us at:

http://groups.google.com/group/investinbrazil/subscribe

http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=155581

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=76590347392

This is a free, consultative business guide to Brazil, live and
frequently updated. New developments, current news and investment
opportunities are our strong point and the principle topics.

Its focus is the real estate market as well as alternative energy and
foreign trade (import/export) in the Northeast Brazil, State of Ceara,
City of Fortaleza but we cover other parts of Brazil and other sectors
of the market as well.

http://www.slideshare.net/InvestinBrazil/BRAZIL3PPTCOMPATIBLE-MODE-97-2003

Examples of properties / investments:

http://www.escapeartist.com/International_Real_Estate/Brazil/Ceara.html

We are here to build a bridge between culture, language, mentality and
legal barriers so you could have a hassle free and painless
experience. Our “on the ground experience”, strong local connections /
relationships, market secrets knowledge & off-market properties /
investments are your / our key to success.

Here are the types of properties and the services we offer;

Properties:

a.) Investment Excursions, Field Trips with professional photography
and filming of your experience.

1. Front beach villas, vacation, retirement, rental and residential.
2. Front beach land for residential or development as investments.
3. Front beach resort and hotels.
4. Front beach Water Park and pousadas.
5. Pre-approved projects ready to execute with land.
6. Land for alternative energy (wind hydro and solar) and biodiesel
plantations.
7. Homes, hotels, pousadas (inns) and apartments condos in the large
coastal cities.
8. Luxury properties.
9. Farm land.
10. Land for sustainable forestation.
11. Commercial space, land for commercial buildings, commercial
buildings,  shopping malls.
12. Wind power projects with land or land for wind power stations.
13. Biodiesel farm plantation and/or land for such to implement.
14. Mineral ore mines.
15. Sugar Refinery Mills.
16. Ethanol Refinery.
17. Private Islands

We also provide full A-Z accessory services for investors, and buyers
such as:

A.) Personal Investment & Sightseeing Excursions with professional
photography and filming.

1.) Land acquisition, architectural development and approvals.
2.) Complete construction cost calculations and analysis,
construction, engineering, and building permit.
3.) Sales & Marketing Strategy.
4.) Resale
5.) CPF cards and Permanent Residence Program.
6.) Tax consulting, accounting, and lawyers & attorneys.
7.) Governmental Contacts & Elite Society local contacts.
8.) Pre- Launch to investors & strategy.
9.) Exit Strategy.
10.) Relocation Services.
11.) Due Diligence, complete analysis of legal documents such as
titles and deeds.
12.) Title Insurance.
13.) Opportunities for joint ventures with other investors.
14.) Financial transactions and strategy.
15.) Off Market Opportunities.
16.) Market Research, Due Diligence, Feasibility Studies
17.) Product Sourcing for Export
18.) Wealth Management
19.) Asset Protection
20.) Full Tax-Haven Services

Warmest Regards from The Land of the Sun,
A Chicagoan in Northeast Brazil,

Mr.  Martin Gajewski Jr.
http://www.facebook.com/people/Martin-Gajewski-Jr/766958653
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/martin-gajewski-junior/2/4b5/380
http://www.orkut.com.br/Main#Profile.aspx?uid=4754384024518625082&pcy=3&t=0

Offshore Investment Consultant &

Glenda B. M. Chagas
http://www.xing.com/profile/Glenda_Chagas

Comes from a Family Real Estate tradition of 25+ years.

International Property Broker

brazilrealestate user name on skype
free pc-pc global telephone system
download at www.skype.com