( swiatelko) FIVU: Breaking out of the debilitating denial on the status of the American mind

Data: 2009-10-09 09:58:34
Autor: Me
( swiatelko) FIVU: Breaking out of the debilitating denial on the status of the American mind
This is after the calming effects of vacations that I did not mention
once that the plain indolence reported at the Revolution first,
however not representative for the whole; and the globalising asses is
yield to the caurageus Nobelist.

WE DO NEED TO BREAK OUT OF THE DENIAL TO ADDRESS THE MATTER

What does professor say about the overall level of the American
education?

( issue first blant when the 'choco jerker' produced on the DC lawn,
manufactured in EU
was not possinle to recreate or even open; after Condi payed 1 mln for
it and harvard employed
a new 'control' engineer; consider this opnly representative to the
players of this interaction with CIA
as intermediary)

Until now, the results of educational neglect have been gradual — a
slow-motion erosion of America’s relative position. But things are
about to get much worse, as the economic crisis — its effects
exacerbated by the penny-wise, pound-foolish behavior that passes for
“fiscal responsibility” in Washington — deals a severe blow to
education across the board.

About that erosion: there has been a flurry of reporting recently
about threats to the dominance of America’s elite universities. What
hasn’t been reported to the same extent, at least as far as I’ve seen,
is our relative decline in more mundane measures. America, which used
to take the lead in educating its young, has been gradually falling
behind other advanced countries.

Most people, I suspect, still have in their minds an image of America
as the great land of college education, unique in the extent to which
higher learning is offered to the population at large. That image used
to correspond to reality. But these days young Americans are
considerably less likely than young people in many other countries to
graduate from college. In fact, we have a college graduation rate
that’s slightly below the average across all advanced economies.

( swiatelko) FIVU: Breaking out of the debilitating denial on the status of the American mind